Home > How To > Extract Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 Audio (PS2)
Extract Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 Audio (PS2)
This article assumes basic familiarity with using the Windows command line interface. If you are unfamiliar with it, you should use your favourite internet search engine to find a tutorial about that first.
You will need:
- Unzip the PSound and SoundReaver 2 archives to a a folder on your PC (e.g. C:\Program Files\PSound)
- Copy the game data file (BIGFILE.DAT for Soul Reaver 2, \GOGAMES\BO2\PS2.RKV for Blood Omen 2) to the folder with PSound in it.
- Open a command/DOS prompt and cd to the folder with the files.
- Type the command soundreaver2 bigfile.dat for Soul Reaver 2 or soundreaver2 ps2.rkv for Blood Omen 2.
- Wait 5-20 minutes.
- When the dialogue box pops up telling you the scan is done, there will be a new file in the folder called either bigfile.ppl or ps2.ppl. These are PSound playlists that tell PSound where to look for the sounds.
- Open PSound and use it to open the playlist of your choice.
- Listen to and/or convert the audio.